Self Sufficiency in a little bit of Paradise - Murray Bridge - For Sale #010655
Lot Size: 2.7 acres
Garage/Car Space: 4
Year Built: 2008
Swanport Village Road Murray Bridge, SA 5253
Unique rural acreage just 800 metres from the mighty Murray River. Getaway on 2.7 acres of tranquility in a setting of established native trees.
A MUD BRICK BARN is of post and beam construction with an infill of mud bricks (materials locally sourced).
The PASSIVE SOLAR DESIGN creates a special ambience and significantly assists in the reduction of heating and cooling costs.
Features of "The Barn":
- Cathedral pine board ceilings (some lime washed)
- The KITCHEN features a central baltic pine island bench and the walls are lined with baltic pine. The skylights create a bright cheery environment. Numerous drawers and the raised dish washer make preparing special meals easy.
- French doors in the large LOUNGE lead out onto a patio/deck entertainment area. Two huge old Church doors are an amazing feature upon approaching the house. Cyprus pine flooring creates a homely room and offsets the exposed mud brick walls and huge North facing windows.
- The hardwood staircase leads up to the loft bedroom area 6.5 metres by 4.1 metres. The flooring is pine boards.
- A roomy pantry is located in the Laundry. The laundry, bathroom and toilet are lined with huon pine and continue the homely atmosphere. A solid baltic pine rear door is surrounded by windows for a light airy workspace.
The garden area surrounding "the Barn" is laid out with paths for easy access to native gardens, a vegie patch, large fox proof chook pen, a lawn area and garden rooms.
The North facing slope is protected from cold south winds and creates a micro climate for successful gardening and pleasant lifestyle. The sandy soil has been managed organically and is easy to build up with the addition of humus.
Mains water connected as well as 3 phase power.
Just 80 kms via a Freeway to Adelaide. 5 Kms to the central shopping area in Murray Bridge, Post Office, two shopping malls, modern library and huge river front reserve.
You will feel you are on HOLIDAYS every day!