Exclusive Lifestyle Property with Spectacular Views - For Sale #010122
Lot Size: 2.434 hectares (6.5 acres)
Garage/Car Space: 3
1262 Urliup Road Murwillumbah , NSW 2484
“Kearra Gardens” is located five minutes north of Murwillumbah in the Tweed Valley. 20 minutes south of Coolangatta Airport, 30 minutes north of Byron Bay and 1.5 hours south of Brisbane. The Tweed Valley is a sub-tropical paradise on the Queensland/New South Wales coastal border, and is renowned for its lush rainforest covered slopes and pristine white sand beaches. Home to five World Heritage listed national parks and some of the rarest fauna and flora on earth, the valley has become an oasis on Australia’s fastest developing strip of coastline.
“Kearra Gardens” is 2.434 hectares (6.5 acre) of private sub-tropical rainforest and established landscaped gardens of exotic palms, bromeliads and orchids.
Council zoning is 1(a) Rural with council approval to run a commercial business.
Residence:An architecturally unique residence, three stories high on seven different levels comprising;
- 3 double bedrooms with adjoining full size bathrooms, guest room,
- kitchen, breakfast room, dining room, lounge room, office, library, studio
- Internal grotto and laundry/toilet
- Internal living area 284 sqm
- Decks, patios, covered verandahs
- External living area 108 sqm
Built exclusively of timber and glass supported by thirty six full length hardwood timber logs with a central void. This allows large expanses of glass to be used in the exterior walls to capture the spectacular views of the Tweed Valley.
Seperate 3 car garage near the main residence with power.
- incorporation of architectual antiques from around the globe
- polished vintage pine flooring
- solid slab rosewood Griffith Tablecraft staircases and stairs with natural edges
- spotted gum interior paneling
- cathedral ceilings rising to 6m in the living areas and main bedroom
- large custom built Tasmanian Oak kitchen
What Sets It Apart?
This is a very unique house and property with it's own powerful identity. It was designed and has been entirely crafted by hand from the finest natural materials available by a craftsman cabinetmaker and myself to create a home that will challenge you to think beyond your dreams.
The surrounding rainforest and gardens have evolved into a sanctuary for wildlife and native birds especially the Black Cockatoos (Kearra is Aboriginal for cockatoo). The environment that has been created at “Kearra Gardens” is one of quiet solitude that gives you the opportunity to relax and think.
“A grand design built by traditional crafts persons”……… Martin Rubenstein
For further details please contact:
Christopher S Claydon.
Ph:02 6672 5655
Mob:0408 664 502